Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fake adsense code!

I have been getting a few clicks on my lottery site but mainly for less than 5 cents and more than likely, it went through to a competitors site. They got more clicks than my own personal banners so I decided to make fake google ads that all point to my own domains!

I whipped up a nifty bit of php to randomize the ads that are shown and slipped a call to it every 3 posts in the main wordpress loop.

They look quite good and I'm pleased with the results. (VWD Lottery Blog)

I've been a merry php'er this week and it's really satisfying to expand my geeky-ness. My training videos (as described in previous post) page has been php-ified after I learnt how to print the contents of a directory out. I went from a few lines of code on a snippet to a full dynamic page content made from php. Random blocks of adsense code fitted in between clickable links to all the videos found in the subdirectory. Oh what a great geeker I am!. (Affiliate Video Training).

Now time to make another site, as Wissam has done, he suggests making a turnkey site which I am more than capable of doing (especially with the right script!). I already have a couple PR4 sites and directories that are ready for something new so now to choose my subject....(suggestions?)