Wednesday, October 11, 2006

woohoo it's up to 3.90 USD

I had my best day yesterday with adsense earnings, $3.90 !!
It looks like my new pages are doing well, I did some more and promoted them on some forums (I'll do some newsletters to subscribers too) and within a day they had hundreds of PV's and around 6% CTR which I am told is quite good!

The ads I put on my elottery site are doing well too, I changed from adsense to my own ads pointing to various other interests of mine but did them in the same style as adsense and they have been getting clicks! not only that, they are getting people as prospects. The grab a grand competition, the results by email and others are all getting at least one person a day entering their name and email address so I'm really pleased with that. I'm also really pleased with the php I wrote and added to the wordpress template that randomizes the placement and content of the ads. teehee the geek in me is proud.

Not expanding my empire for the adsense at the moment, I think it's important to do stuff that you are passionate about. If someone isn't interested in something, how can they make a site about it that's interesting? they can't!
I'm in this for the long term gain, no adsenser ever made a fortune in a week. It takes time and effort to build up a portfolio of websites. Sure, you could buy a whole set of ready made ones but so can anyone else. Not unique, not yours, not easy!

Onwards and upwards, multiple streams of income and list building is what I'm concentrating on now. It's been years since I started to do the internet thing and it's only the past 2 years that I've been making any money so now I'm up for making lots more!